This week, Luke took us through the beginning of the book of Habakkuk and we looked at the prophet’s complaints to God, and God’s shocking response.
– Read Habakkuk 1:1-17 with your groups
1. Habakkuk opens his complaint by asking God how long will this situation continue. What caused Habakkuk to cry out to God in this way? Did the events justify the complaint?
2. What is going on (currently) in our lives that causes us to cry out to God?
3. How did God’s answer make you feel? (Express the emotions, not just the thoughts)
3. We see Habakkuk respond to God’s answer by calling out some of God’s character traits. How can we apply this to our own prayer life?